Pre-European Tour right here at Roxy's!
Opens April 13, 2018
“The show emerges as a vivid portrait in words and music of a pioneering artist whose well-developed work ethic and abiding faith earned her a place in show business history. The show’s book underscores the bitter irony of McDaniel’s plight. She faces the triumphs, ironies, and indignities of public and private life and ultimately emerges as a multidimensional figure of amazing grace.” Robert Eisele, Kansas City Star.
STARRING KARLA BURNS WITH SPECIAL GUEST ARTIST, HURON BREAUX
Karla Burns is an American operatic mezzo-soprano and actress who has performed nationally and internationally in opera houses, theatres, and on television. She is notably the first black person, African-American or otherwise, to win the Laurence Olivier Award, Britain's most prestigious award for theatre. (Wiki)
Ms Burns will be performing at Roxy's Downtown in the one women hit-show, Hi-Hat Hattie this April with special guest artist, Huron Breaux. Mr Breaux is a well known performance and master piano player with a large following in the Wichita community.
- $30 Premium Seating
- $27 Standard Seating
- $20 Economy Seating
- $16 Sunday Soul Brunch (Brunch price does not include ticket. Brunch is paid at the end of the show to your waiter along with your drinks. See menu below.
- Doors at 12:30
- Sunday Soul Brunch 12:30 to 1:15
- Happy Half Hour 12:30 to 1:00
- Show at 2:00
SUNDAY SOUL BRUNCH MENU:
- Three Bean Sala -Red beans, green beans, kidney or cranberry beans
- Potato Salad -Chunked red potatoes, creamy vinegar dressing
- Cornbread Muffins
- Butter Top Yeast Rolls
Hot Side Dishes:
- Green Bean Casserole -Green beans, cream of mushroom, crispy onions
- Roasted Sweet Yams -Chunk cut yams, caramelized brown sugar sauce
- Black eyed peas with the wilted greens
- Ham Hocks n Red Beans -Stewed Ham hock bone, Red beans, ground pork sausage
- Jerk Chicken and Rice -Traditional Jerk seasoned Chicken Thigh meat and brown rice
- Cheesy Eggs -Eggs, Sharp cheddar cheese
- Biscuits & Gravy -Creamy Sausage Gravy and Buttermilk Biscuits
Dessert & Sweet:
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Carrot Cake
- The Palomino Waffle -(dessert casserole) Layered vanilla wafers, pudding, whipped cream and pecans and coconut