THE CAT & CANARY
Roxy’s Downtown is pleased to announce the launch of our The Cat & Canary; Karaoke Fancified series, launching this May 6th, Sunday evening. The Cat & Canary is a "themed" once-monthly fun, formal evening of curated live music, dinner, and karaoke with a twist. Think of the evening as a whimsical blend of karaoke with the rat-pack lounges and boot-leg speakeasies of yesteryear- where dressing to impress was a standard, entertainment was a must, and classic cocktails and superb service were expected.
The evening begins with a themed menu created by our resident chef, Chef Alan Schmidt, and professional live music and vocalists, followed by dessert and stage opening up to those who wish to sing, karaoke style, to tracks or with our musicians. Spotlight provided. Crafted cocktails a given.
The evening is designed to be a fun excuse to dress-up, show-off, and take a step-back in time when going out to a lounge was an event, where people went to see and to be seen. Whether you come to take the stage by storm or to be entertained and transported to another era, you will be glad you had the perfect excuse to pull that special, but under utilized, outfit out of the closet!
May 6 is hosted by our emcee of the evening, Michael Karraker with special guest artist, Madi White. The theme is Classic 50's.
The set-menu and cocktail specials are as follows:
Pink Squirrel | 7
Creme de Noyaux, Creme de Cocoa, and Cream. Crushed Toasted Almond Rim
Classic French 75 | 8
Leopold Bros Small Batch Gin, Brut Champagne, Sugar, Brandied Cherry and Lemon Twist
The Manhattan | 9
Redemption Rye Whiskey, Cocchi Vermouth di Torino, House-Infused Black Cherry, Bitters and Brandied Cherry
- Deviled Tomatoes-Two roma tomatoes halved, topped with buttery bread crumbs and roasted. Served with a savory egg, bacon and shallot custard
- Chefs Meatloaf-A delicious piece of beef meatloaf served with a side of lima beans and cream and mashed potatoes
- Chocolate cake with white icing
- Cherries jubilee- Served over a scoop of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream
Event Series Details:
- Every 1st Sunday of each month, beginning Sunday, May 6.
- 5:30 Doors
- 6:00 Dinner with live music
- 7:00 Dessert and Karaoke begins
- 10:00 Evening concludes
- $20 for Dinner* & Karaoke
- $5 for Karaoke only
Reservations* required for Dinner
Evening attire is required
Arrive after 7:00 for karaoke only (no reservations required for karaoke)
For more information go to roxysdowntown.com
Or call 316-265-4400